Wednesday 10 November 2010

Whoops!

I decided to have a break from the Maya work for the day and create some character ideas. Rather than look at what the character looks like I thought I would concentrate on how he would move. I started creating basic sketches on Photoshop. I was working on one piece and I accidentally selected the wrong thing with the magic wand. I then painted over the sketch without realising the mistake. I received a result that I have never done before and I think the aesthetic is interesting.

I may try to develop this idea because it links well with the noir style that I have been using.

 This is the same image but I used a few different brushes for the background. I think this looks better than the original. I may now try to fill in the character with white. 


I like this piece because I think it looks quite epic. There is a lot going on which I think it makes it look like the character is moving. I may try to create several pieces like this with different movements. I think this aesthetic could work well as an animation with the paint moving to form other shapes of the character.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sam. I am fan of your work and currently making my own comics (no joke, I have really catching storyline, incredible characters and all needed). If you're interested, can you write me an e-mail?
    I would definitely appreciate your help with drawings and probably also proofreading.
    Unfortunately can't offer you anything but a cut in case it will be succesful. However, if convenient, write me an e-mail please on
    strejdajohannes@gmail.com
    or
    jkozinski@seznam.cz
    or simply write me on facebook (my name there is Jan Kozinski).

    Have a great time :-) !

    ReplyDelete