Thursday 18 November 2010

Digital painting lesson

I need a tutorial with Nigel in digital painting using Photoshop. This is the weakest part of my portfolio so it really helped. I learnt to use basic tools in Photoshop that I have never used before.

An important tool I learnt to use was the History brush. This really helped me because I have alwasy used the magic wand to select parts in the same layer. The history brush and the eraser allow for areas to be painted and removed with precision.

I also learnt how to manipulate an image and apply it to a screenshot of A Maya file. This is extremely helpful because I do not have the time to texture A concept in Maya. 

This is the first image I created using an image of a building in new york. I altered it to fit the building using the distort tool. I also painted over the image to apply lights.

Here I changed the images hue and saturation. Also I changed the brightness/contrast. I think the image looks good but it is not relevant for the concept. The image is meant to be a prison so a skyscraper is not the right aesthetic. I used this image just to see if I could create something from what I learnt from Nigel.
Here i changed the image to try and make it look more like a traditional building.
I then changed the brightness/contrast and applied paint on a new layer to darken the image.I cannot finish the image because I need to start working on the game document. I created this design to show the idea rather than have a finished concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment