Thursday 11 November 2010

My first animation


(Refer to animation 1)

I mentioned on the last post that I would not be able to create an animation for this project, but I was wrong. I didn't realise how fast a basic animation could be created using Adobe Flash. I found a tutorial on YouTube that helped me. 

I am reasonably happy with the results of this animation considering I have never created anything in flash before. I think it could be smoother which I could do but it would take a long time and I don't think it is necessary. This shows the basis of my concept which can be developed at the end of the project if I get time. 

I think this animation would be greatly improved if I could zoom in and out and pan with the camera to follow the movement of the white silhouettes. I imported the animation into after effects and tried to create a pan. Again I have never used this program so I found some tutorials on YouTube. 

(Refer to animation 2)

Considering this is my first use of After Effects I thought it went reasonably well. The problem I did have however was that the animation and the pan had to be set to the same speed which is tricky. Also the smoothness of the pan could be improved but I think it is a good start.

(Refer to animation 3)

Here I added zoom to the animation. As a whole I think it looks cool and the idea is good but it could just be executed better. The quality isn't very good because I converted the original flash file into a AVI file and it lowered the quality so I will be able to improve the quality next time I recreate this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment