Friday 19 November 2010

The storyboard

I wanted to create a stroyboard with more detail than the animation that I have created to explain the narrative of the start sequence of the game. I started by writing out what images I want to create to show the narrative in the best way. these are;

The president making the speech about going to war.
Aaron watching the speech on tv.
The riots that the speech causes.
Aaron looking for his family.
Something that sends Aaron back in time.
The presidents speech on the tv for second time.
Aaron walking out the door to get to the president.

Possibly have a gun shooting the president as well but I am not sure how I feel about that idea.

These are the designs that I created for the storyboard.

boom

eyes

gun

man running close

man running

president

president 2

listening to silhouette (president is going to make speech)
These are just the basic designs that I have created. The style was influenced by the metal gear solid concept art that I have. I wanted to keep the images gestural with grey scale block colours forming the shape.

I then layed the images out in the order that I wanted. It ended up being put across three pages because it flowed better that way.

 These are the three finished pieces. I wanted the first two to be in black with the greyscale because it is known as the linear part of the narrative, basically he cannot travel in time at this point. In the third piece it moves into red because he has travelled back in time. This is not reflective of the game but rather a technique of showing it is in the past. I like the red more than the grey, which is annoying because I would like to make the first two red as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment