Tuesday 9 November 2010

Bridge concept

I was thinking of a good environment that would be relatively easy to create that would lead up to the prison. I thought of a bridge because then the prison could be surrounded by water which would make a nice mise en scene during the game.

To start the bridge I started to create a support in Maya. Ignoring logic I thought I would create this and then go from there rather than plan with some sketches of the bridge before I started the Maya work. With no real direction I created this support.


This is not finished obviously but its a good representation of the shape that I was trying to achieve. The idea for this was that there would be two of these on either side of the bridge supporting it. It would have a futuristic aesthetic but not so excentric it looks stupid. 

This was the next stage of the design. I finished the general shape and filled the hole. It is starting to look like what I imagined but it looks like a piece of furniture so I will need to make some changes. 
I thought it might look cool if I crossed the two pieces to form an x above the bridge. The shape of each piece makes it look strange. Again it looks like furniture so I will change the shape and see what happens. 


Here I removed the strange quiff part half way up the structure. I think it is better than it was but I am still not happy with it. I am beginning to think it is the wrong shape for the idea that I have and I should probably start again but I don't want to view the time i have spend on this as a waste so I will look for other ways to use this piece. 

I was messing about with it really and I came up with this;


I like the aesthetic of this so far which is the important thing even though it has no relevance at the moment. It can have several different possibilities for its application though such as a building, or a monument, or an architectural detail for a building. I will develop this idea and see where it takes me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment