Saturday 30 October 2010

the sell sheet

I created a sell sheet for the pitch which contained all the relevant information about mmy game idea. I wanted to incorporate the narrative into the aesthetic of the sell sheet. I decided to base it on a newspaper which had statements and images that relate to the narrative of the game. I wanted the paper to include the idea of film noir in its look.

My newspaper sell sheet

After reviewing the sell sheet I now see weaknesses in its appeal. In all honesty it was rushed and I think that is evident in its finish. I like the art work that I created for the sell sheet. The Font of the newpaper is the same as the presentation which I think was important to make it connect with the presentation. I think the general layout could have been improved although it was hard to create anyway because the statements about the game had to be a clear focal point. At the top I created three extra signs which originally I liked because it made it look like a newspaper, however I have realised the one in the centre makes the newspaper look like 'the extra' suggesting its name which is misleading. Realising these mistakes now is good because I can create a better sell sheet when I made another speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment